Black headlights

English, Italian, Spanish, Turkish... everyone is very welcome!
Join us!

Themenersteller
Gast

Black headlights

Ungelesener Beitragvon Gast » 24. Okt 2005, 17:49

Hello,
I want to paint the one half of the reflector of the headlights black, but this requires the headlights to be opened. Has anyone to suggest a way please? I've been trying for the last 2 hours but didn't manage to open it.
Thank you in advance

Dieses Projekt wird durch Werbung finanziert. Lästig? Dann werde einfach Teil unserer Community! Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!

Themenersteller
Gast

Re: Black headlights

Ungelesener Beitragvon Gast » 24. Okt 2005, 17:53

Hello,
I want to paint the one half of the reflector of the headlights black, but this requires the headlights to be opened. Has anyone to suggest a way please? I've been trying for the last 2 hours but didn't manage to open it.
Thank you in advance
This was me :)

Stoilas

Re: Black headlights

Ungelesener Beitragvon Stoilas » 24. Okt 2005, 17:54

Hello,
Thank you in advance
This was me :)
Sorry, I meant me :D
Fahrzeuge: Polo 9N Comfortline  

Groovemonkey
Ungelesener Beitragvon Groovemonkey » 24. Okt 2005, 20:51

Hi,

It's a bit complicated to open the headlights, as the glue that stucks the cover an the body together has to be warmed up until you can devide the parts. The best method to to this is either put the headlights right into the sun for at least 1 hour or you can also use your mother's kitchenoven. The glue has to be heatened up to 50°C than you can remove the glue and open the body. After all you have to put some silicone or something like that between the cover and the body to make the headlight waterproof.

But the best method seems to be to change the headlights with some new GTI-headlights. These ar already black painted.
Bild
Bild

px
polo9N.info | polo6R.info
polo9N.info | polo6R.info
Ungelesener Beitragvon px » 24. Okt 2005, 21:37

But the best method seems to be to change the headlights with some new GTI-headlights. These ar already black painted.
Which means you have to own a 9N3 and our greek friend has a nice good-old 9N ;)

Stoilas

Ungelesener Beitragvon Stoilas » 27. Okt 2005, 00:55

sorry, I have a 9N (http://www.polo9n.info/polo-291.html). I didn;t mention because if I had a 9N3 I would go for the GTI headlights, I've seen them on ebay.de
Fahrzeuge: Polo 9N Comfortline  

Dieses Projekt wird durch Werbung finanziert. Lästig? Dann werde einfach Teil unserer Community! Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!