some questions about the rims and tyres

English, Italian, Spanish, Turkish... everyone is very welcome!
Join us!

Themenersteller
nizde-kroatien

some questions about the rims and tyres

Ungelesener Beitragvon nizde-kroatien » 10. Jun 2007, 11:32

I have one problem!my tires are allready worn out at the inner side and in the tire repairman shop they tell me the reason is the width of the rims which is too much for 17" rims!I have 17x8J rims!currently I've passed with the car about 5000km and they said to me that I'll have to buy new tyres very soon, after 10000km!is that true?!will also the GEWINDE fix my problem with that or make it even worse?!what do u think?!tnx, nizde
...all you need is LOVW...
Fahrzeuge: Polo 9N3 Comfortline  

Dieses Projekt wird durch Werbung finanziert. Lästig? Dann werde einfach Teil unserer Community! Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!

Sylonien
Ungelesener Beitragvon Sylonien » 10. Jun 2007, 12:40

Non-sense. What tyre size have you got? 8*17 isn't too wide. The reason why the inner has worn out more is because your balance/traction is out. You need to get it balanced then it'll be even again. Had to do mine as well. Getting a 'gewinde' won't solve the problem, it'll just make it worse. Better get gewinde then balane/traction it then it'll be perfect again. Cause if you do it now and install the 'gewinde' suspension, then it could be out of balance again. ;)
Bild

Shabar

Ungelesener Beitragvon Shabar » 10. Jun 2007, 13:51

Non-sense. What tyre size have you got? 8*17 isn't too wide. The reason why the inner has worn out more is because your balance/traction is out. You need to get it balanced then it'll be even again. Had to do mine as well. Getting a 'gewinde' won't solve the problem, it'll just make it worse. Better get gewinde then balane/traction it then it'll be perfect again. Cause if you do it now and install the 'gewinde' suspension, then it could be out of balance again. ;)
That's right ! - I have 8*17 too ... and that's not too wide ! ;-)
Bild
Reifen und Fahrwerke (Bekannt unter Diesel Power) Neue Firma, neues Konzept, nur die niedrigen Preise bleiben!
Fahrzeuge: Polo 9N3 GTI  

Themenersteller
nizde-kroatien

Ungelesener Beitragvon nizde-kroatien » 10. Jun 2007, 16:16

tnx people!I was also shocked when he told me that because as far as I know the tyre is 205 width and 8x2,54(one inch 8) ) is 203!that is just right for that tyre!
...all you need is LOVW...
Fahrzeuge: Polo 9N3 Comfortline  

Dieses Projekt wird durch Werbung finanziert. Lästig? Dann werde einfach Teil unserer Community! Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!