Hi everyone =)

English, Italian, Spanish, Turkish... everyone is very welcome!
Join us!

Themenersteller
Callista

Hi everyone =)

Ungelesener Beitragvon Callista » 11. Sep 2006, 17:46

Hello, I'm a polo 9n fan (and owner!) ;-) from Portugal and although I can read a little bit of german I can't fully understand it so feel free to mock me at will :D I mainly check out the gallery since I don't understand what the forums say, but I really have to congratulate the people who make this website for the gallery is truly amazing!

I was wondering if anyone here knows a site that sells vw alloys (specially Exor!) and ships to Portugal (here they cost something like.. 300€ EACH or more with taxes..) or if any of you in particular is interested in this sort of business :D

Well I guess that's all, thanks ;-) Keep up the good work!

Dieses Projekt wird durch Werbung finanziert. Lästig? Dann werde einfach Teil unserer Community! Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!

chrisworldsplash
Ungelesener Beitragvon chrisworldsplash » 11. Sep 2006, 19:27

First of all, :wink: hello Callista

I think u can find a lot of rims on ebay, which will be shipped to Portugal.

Basti

Ehrenmitglied

Ungelesener Beitragvon Basti » 11. Sep 2006, 19:35

Hi :wink:
Fahrzeuge: VW Golf 7  

Themenersteller
Callista

Ungelesener Beitragvon Callista » 12. Sep 2006, 10:33

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :D Yep I´ve been watching ebay every single day but no luck yet :( I've been trying to find a votex bodykit too! Everything here in Portugal is way too expensive.. I wonder why! :(
The laws here are extremely strict in what concerns modifying your car (for example you can't have more than 16" on a polo, you can't lower your car, you can't remove any vw symbols, you can't have angel eyes, and teh list goes on and on..)
How does it work in Germany? I've seen the gallery and most polos have 17".. And a lot of exterior modifications! I guess you're lucky :D ;-)

px
polo9N.info | polo6R.info
Ungelesener Beitragvon px » 12. Sep 2006, 10:51

Hehe, I think I speak for most of us when I say I feel lucky to hear that other countries are as strict as Germany concerning tuning! :D We have a lot of rules and laws about how we are allowed to modify vehicles used in public traffic.

Yes, 17" and also 18"-Rims are quite popular in Germany for the Polo. But think about it, the Polo is available with 17"-Rims out of the factory! There ist no reason to disallow the use of this rims?

Most of the law is written to ensure safety, safety first of all. Nearly every modification at a car has to be approved by specialized firms. This comes together with costs, of course. But I have to admit, I don't feel bad with this. For sure, I'm feeling more secure than in many other countries, where you have to live with the danger of the failure of other people cars. In Germany, any vehicle to be allowed on public streets has to be checked every two years. This makes me feel safer on our streets ;) In my opinion, this is absolutely nessary in a country like Germany, where most of the highways have no spee limit at all. Thanks to our mighty car-industry :D Who needs a 150hp-Polo when you are not allowed to take this power to the street? ;) Same with BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, ... limitless speed is our most valued freedom, I suppose :D

Cradle 666

Ungelesener Beitragvon Cradle 666 » 12. Sep 2006, 11:12

:wink:

Themenersteller
Callista

Ungelesener Beitragvon Callista » 12. Sep 2006, 12:28

Well our limit here is 120km/h.. And the government are trying to lower this number to some astonishing 118km/h 8O It is just a measure to protect environment but nevertheless it is ridiculous. No polo here comes with 17" out of factory.. The most usual measure is 15" (which is what mine has) :(

I agree that certain specifications as increasing horse power etc etc should pay its costs but things like no being able to change the steering wheel or the pedals just annoy me :evil: Well of course most people usually do change, but if they do get stopped they will probably be fined for it. Here the cars are checked when they are four years old, and then every two years. What happens is that people who lower their car, etc usually keep the original suspension/rims/lights/etc and at the time of the inspecyion they change their car back to it's original look :D This requires quite a lot of patience as you can imagine :D

But besides these somewhat ridiculous measures (i forgot one, you are not allowed to darken your windows) the other problem resides on the cost of our cars. For example.. My polo which is a 1.2 confortline (as extras only the AC, it doesn't have alloy wheels or foglights and it is mercato blue (well I guess the colour adds as an extra) and it cost me almost 15600€ 8O Well at least it is the only mercato blue in Portugal :D :D

px
Ungelesener Beitragvon px » 12. Sep 2006, 12:47

The 17"-rims are not inclusive in any model-line. But at least in Germany 17" Exor-Rims are available as an extra.

The speed-limits on highways here are often dynamicly and traffic-linked - more traffic = 140, 120 or 100 km/h, low to normal traffic = have fun :) In general there is no speed limit on highways. Outside cities it's 100 km/h, within 50. Quite good I think. The best thing in Germany is, I think so at least: If your car can reach 300 km/h you are free to drive 300 km/h most the time. Ignoring traffic at this point, of course :D Because of a strong car-industry, much stronger than any enviromental tendencies, harder speed limits are not realized.

Hard to imagine for us that you'll possibly never experience the maximum speed of your car - absolutley unthinkable in Germany :twisted:

For sure, your gasoline is much cheaper in contrary :D And darkening the front windows is not allowed in germany too. Because of our speed-loving drivers, the violoation of limits is the most common misdoing, caught on celluloid - for this, the front window has to be transparent.

Themenersteller
Callista

Ungelesener Beitragvon Callista » 12. Sep 2006, 13:05

Well here neither front nor rear unless your car already comes equipped like that. Our gasoline maybe cheaper (around 1.5€/L is it cheaper?) but our minimum salary is way lower and most people here in Portugal are unfortunately starting to live very poorly :( No, some people do have porshes and ferraris (crisis does not affect them!) But they are only allowed to drive as fast as 120km/h 8O Outside cities 90km/h and inside just like yours, 50km/h.

As for the rims, no exor is not even an option for a polo :( If you really want to put 17" rims on one who have to pay a lot! I was looking to see if any factory would start making exor replicas in 16" so I could have them on mine, it would be a dream come true but no such luck :(

px
Ungelesener Beitragvon px » 12. Sep 2006, 17:48

Wow, 1,50€/L for 95 ROZ? It's about 1,20€ at the moment here in Germany...

PsyKater

Ungelesener Beitragvon PsyKater » 12. Sep 2006, 18:16

1,25€/l

Es geht doch um Super oder?
Viele Grüße,
TOBI
[psyː'kɑtɐ]
Fahrzeuge: Volkswagen T4 Multivan  

Themenersteller
Callista

Ungelesener Beitragvon Callista » 12. Sep 2006, 18:30

Wow, 1,50€/L for 95 ROZ? It's about 1,20€ at the moment here in Germany...
1,50 for 98 ;-) Nevertheless it's 1,343 for 95, still more expensive here 8O See what I mean.. :(

px
Ungelesener Beitragvon px » 12. Sep 2006, 19:06

1,25€/l

Klar, hab eben erst für 1,20€ voll gemacht :)

DirkL

Ungelesener Beitragvon DirkL » 22. Nov 2006, 18:37

:wink: Hai, good fellow, nice to meet you here at our community.I,ll hope you enjoy it and we are looking forward to meet you once a time in good old germany. you are welcome
Burn your tyres, but not your Brain, you know :-))
Fahrzeuge: Polo 9N3 Comfortline  

Sylonien
Ungelesener Beitragvon Sylonien » 22. Nov 2006, 20:49

1,25€/l

Klar, hab eben erst für 1,20€ voll gemacht :)
Phew - thought our petrol was expensive, not too bad after all then here in England. 0.86pence / litre = ~ 1.27€ / litre.

Habe gerade getankt.

We've got stupid speed limits here as well, motorway is max. 70mph / 112km/h :(

In a way its good cause then I wouldn't feel bad that my car maxes out at about ~100mph, so I know that I'm not "suppose" go that fast, therefore I'm okay to drive around that 70mph area. :)

Im Stadt ist es 30mph / 48km/h.
Bild

px
Ungelesener Beitragvon px » 23. Nov 2006, 19:48

Das ist ja furchtbar, da kann man sein Auto ja niemals ausfahren :lol: Dafür brettert dir aber auch keiner mit 250 km/h von hinten rauf :D

Sylonien
Ungelesener Beitragvon Sylonien » 24. Nov 2006, 00:01

Lol that is very true and people go nuts everywhere cause they're not allowed to speed. 8O
Bild

Dieses Projekt wird durch Werbung finanziert. Lästig? Dann werde einfach Teil unserer Community! Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!